TEACHERS in Pre-K A:
MRS. DIAGO AND MRS. GARCIA
2020-2021 School Year
Dear PreK for All Parents,
To provide your child with a good start for Pre-K, please supply:
1. School Bag (Big enough to fit a winter jacket – this is to lessen cross-contamination when storing personal
belongings in lockers.)
2. A plastic folder with 2 horizontal pockets. This is your child’s home-school folder. It will be used to send
correspondences back and forth between home and school. We will check your child’s folder each day.
Please label folder with child’s name and PreK.
3. A 8 x 10 family photo. (Please make sure your child’s name is on the back.)
4. St. Mel’s Catholic Academy is requiring that all incoming PreK students come to school dressed in uniforms.
The uniform consists of grey sweatpants, sweatshirt, t-shirt, and maroon shorts. We are also requiring
white velcro sneakers. The uniforms are quite comfortable and wear well. They can be found at Flynn &
O’Hara School Uniforms. They are located at 8000 Cooper Avenue, Lower Level, Glendale, N.Y. Their
phone number is 718-326-2704.
5. Change of Clothes in a Gallon Sized Ziploc Bag: T-shirt, pants, shorts, sweatshirt, two pairs of underwear,
and socks. We can not accept the clothes unless they are in a Labeled Ziploc bag. Various accidents and
spills are a part of everyday life in Pre-K. Keeping an extra change of clothes in school is a quick remedy to
small mishaps. Please note that if your child goes home in his/her extra clothes, you need to send in a
replacement pair of change of clothes the next day. Please also include a plastic bag which we can use to
send home the wet or dirty clothes.
6. Please make sure to label all supplies/clothes coming into school with your child’s name and class, either
PreK A, PreK B, or PreK C. When clothes and supplies are labeled it saves time and eliminates confusion for both
children and teachers.
7. Due to lack of storage space, we will be asking a few families per month to donate household items that we
may need in the classroom, such as tissues, paper towels, etc.
Thank you in advance for your help and cooperation! We look forward to a wonderful year with you and your child!
Suggested Reading List for Pre-K:
Jan Brett Eric Carle Kevin Hankes Bill Martin Jr.
Todd Parr Dr. Seuss Mo Willems
OUR CLASS CODE : RJP89