St. Mel’s Early Childhood Center is offering:
- Full-time or Part-time nursery options
- Safe, supportive, family-like environment
- Holistic, center-based curriculum
- Early literacy and math skills
- Social-Emotional development
- Developmentally appropriate activities and experiences
- Dedicated staff specializing in early childhood education
- Individualized instruction
- Music, are, development of gross and fine motor skills
- Afterschool care and early drop-off available
Good morning St. Mel’s families,
We would like to thank you for the outpouring of support you showed us following the heartbreaking announcement of the closing of St. Mel’s Catholic Academy. Resurrection is the foundation of our Catholic faith, and although we mourn our loss, our school will have new life as the St. Mel’s Early Childhood Center, currently serving grades Nursery through Kindergarten. For those of you with children in those grades, their classes will remain unaffected and will open as scheduled in September following any necessary health related protocols put forth by the State of NY. We are currently engaged in dialogue with the diocese about expanding our early childhood program to include some primary grades as well. We hope to have a decision within the next few days.
We understand that this has been difficult news to digest. It has been difficult for us as well. Please know that we are with you all in faith and while we mourn our loss we look forward to our new school venture.
Yours in faith,
Amy Barron and Father Fonti