Posted on April 12, 2019
2019-2020 Incoming Kindergarten Supply List
2019-2020 incoming Kindergarten Summer work
Welcome to the wonderful world of St. Mel’s Kindergarten! This year will hold much learning and growth for our students! Please explore our page for upcoming news, events, homework, and resources. The links can be found on the right side of this page. If you are using a mobile device the links can be found on the bottom of this page.
Welcome to Kindergarten! We are so happy to be starting a new school year with you and your child!
Trip Reminders for Monday, April 15th
- Please try your best to be at school by 8 a.m.
- All children must be in St. Mel uniform. This is for safety reasons.
- Chaperones are to report to office at 9:15 a.m.
- No food or drinks are permitted on bus or at Citi Field.
Thank you for your cooperation! Have a Blessed Palm Sunday with your beautiful families!
Mrs. Scigliano and Ms. Jeanine
Posted on April 8, 2019
- PRETZEL DAY — PRETZELS WILL BE SERVED AT LUNCH
- SPIRIT WEAR DAY — STUDENTS MUST WEAR SOMETHING THAT REPRESENTS ST. MEL’S INCLUDING ST. MEL’S STRONG SHIRT, WALK-A-THON SHIRT, ETC. THESE CAN BE WORN WITH THE GYM UNIFORM PANTS.
- POPCORN DAY — POPCORN WILL BE SERVED AT LUNCH.
- HERITAGE DAY — STUDENTS MUST WEAR SOMETHING THAT REPRESENTS THEIR HERITAGE. THIS IS A FREE DRESS DOWN.
- BRAIN CHALLENGE ASSEMBLY TODAY!
Next week I have some fun activities planned, but need some help with donations. I have two S.T.E.M. activities planned. One activity is called “Egg Drop” and the other is called “Peep Nest.” If you could donate any of the following, we would greatly appreciate it:
- egg cartons
- styrofoam bowls
- styrofoam cups
- tissue paper
- cotton balls
- plastic Easter grass
- marshmallow Easter peeps
- Dixie cups
- medium-sized plastic cups
We will be making pretzels for Lent with the children next week. We would greatly appreciate donations for the pretzels, such as:
- Two five pound bags of flour
- 6 packages of rapid-rise yeast
- table salt
- kosher salt
- parchment paper
Our Easter celebration will be on Wednesday, April 17. We will be doing a no bake project with the children that day and will need the following donated supplies:
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE PACKAGES SAY NUT FREE/MADE IN A FACILITY THAT DOES NOT HANDLE NUTS, ETC. Thank you!
- Bunny Peeps (1 per person)
- Twinkies (1 per person)
- Pretzel wagon wheels (1 per person)
- Mini Marshmallows (4 per person)
- Vanilla Frosting
- Easter plates and napkins
- Juice boxes (same flavor)
- Small water bottles
Also, if you would like to send in goody bags for Easter, please send one in for each child (including your own). Please do not address individual children, just label who the goody bags are from. Thank you! This makes it easier for the children to distribute.
Posted on February 11, 2019
We will have our annual “100th Day Celebration” on Friday, February 15th. The actual day is Tuesday, but due to special classes and lesson plans, we will celebrate on Friday. We will be doing various activities with the children, and would greatly appreciate donations:
- Uncoated white paper plates, dessert size and regular, standard size.
We will be making a “100” Trail Mix. We need:
- Honey Teddy Grahams (10 per person)
- Skittles (10 per person)
- Gummy Bears (10 per person)
- Mini Pretzels (10 per person)
- Cheerios (10 per person)
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal (10 per person)
- Mini Marshmallows (10 per person)
- Goldfish Crackers (10 per person)
- Mini Sweetish Fish (10 per person)
- Cheese Balls (10 per person)
- We also need tubular pasta, such as ditalini pasta or the short ziti looking pasta for making necklaces.
- 100 Large Solo Cups for Stacking
As always, we appreciate your generosity, time, and cooperation with our projects! 🙂
Also, when we return from winter break we are asking each family to send in a large box of tissues and two rolls of paper towels, and a container of baby wipes. We are running very low with these items and need to replenish them. If you can send them in now, we will take them. Thank you so much!
Read all posts in Kindergarten ›